Who We Are
- God is the creator of the universe.
- Jesus Christ is God’s Son and was God’s human presence on earth.
- The Holy Spirit is the presence of God in the world and in our lives.
The Lord has showed you, people, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
The above passage, taken from the Old Testament, may best sum up the role that we, at NPC, feel we play in the world. The church itself is a mission; therefore, all that happens inside it, and all that flows from it is mission.
- We are followers of Christ, who believe Jesus meets us where we are, and calls us to new life through relationship with him and with others.
- We are not perfect. We neither claim to be, nor act as though we are.
- We are not always in agreement with each other in matters of faith, politics, or economics, but we see it as our responsibility to welcome all people and treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- We commit ourselves to acts of mercy locally, nationally, and globally. We do not sit on the sidelines and wonder why the world can’t be different.